iPhones are Smartphone’s developed by Apple Inc. iPhone lets users transfer contacts in it to a computer. This article contains Windows 8 transfer instructions to move iPhone contacts to your Windows 8 PC.
Instructions to transfer iPhone contacts to Windows 8 using the Windows 8 transfer feature
By following the Windows 8 transfer procedure mentioned below you can easily move your iPhone contacts to your computer.
- Initiate this Windows 8 transfer procedure by synchronizing your iPhone with your old computer.
- Open iTunes in your computer, click on “Preferences” and then “Devices”.
- Select “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically”.
- Continue with this Windows 8 transfer procedure by plugging your iPhone into your computer.
- When your iPhone appears in the navbar, click on it.
- Now you can see options like “Summary, Info, Apps etc. From there, select “info”.
- Mark the check box which says “sync address book contacts” and select all the contacts.
- The next step in this Windows 8 transfer procedure is to make sure that the “advanced” check box is not marked.
- You don’t have to sync anything else for now, just focus on transferring your contacts to your windows 8 computer.
- It is now safe to synchronize your iPhone with your windows 8 computer.
- Now you can see a Windows popup saying “the information on your phone is synced with another user account. Do you want to sync this iPhone with the information this user account instead?” You will be given three options, “cancel”, “replace info” and “merge info”.
- End this Windows 8 transfer procedure by selecting “Merge Info”.
Once you have followed the above mentioned Windows 8 transfer procedure, your contacts from iPhone will be transferred to your Windows 8 computer.