In Windows 8, you can enable the Bluetooth feature for the Windows 8 transfer of files to other computers or mobile phones or even share your files with other devices having Bluetooth. In this section, we shall explain how you can enable this feature in Windows 8 computer. It is expected that your computer or laptop runs the new Windows 8 operating system.
Nowadays, most laptop PCs have a built-in support for Bluetooth, with the Bluetooth hardware in them. You can enable and disable the Bluetooth hardware as and when required, much like you would do in your mobile phone. In laptops, the configuration of the Bluetooth depends on its individual hardware that is integrated in it. However, with Windows 8 transfer, you can receive or send files still very easily and quickly after enabling the Bluetooth hardware device in your laptop. The following instructions shall help you in sending and receiving files via Bluetooth in Windows 8.
Instructions to send and receive files via Bluetooth in Windows 8
- Log onto your computer.
- It is advised that you should log in with the administrator account to carry out the procedure.
- Move your mouse pointer to the bottom left corner of the computer screen.
- A menu will appear and in this menu, click on Search option.
- Click on Appsicon on the bar that appeared on the right side of the desktop.
- Click on Bluetooth File Transfer on the available list of options.
- Click on Send files or Receive files on Transfer files using Bluetooth box to send or receive the files respectively via
- Then you should decide to whom you are sending the files. For this, click on the name of the device to which you want to transfer the files on the “Select where to send your files” box. Click on Next button.
- Make sure that the Bluetooth in other device to which you want to send the data is enabled. Only then the device will appear on your Bluetooth devices’ list.
- Click on Browse button to locate a file that you want to transfer on “Select the files to send” box.
- To start the process, Click on Next button.
That’s how you send files via Bluetooth in Windows 8.