Anyone who buys a new Tablet PC would firstly want to know how to transfer files such as photos, videos, music, etc from their current devices onto their new PC. The list of devices includes mobile phones, digital cameras, pen drives, etc. The scenario is no different when it comes to buying a Windows 8 Tablet PC as well. There is no need to worry about the Windows 8 Transfer system, as the process is simple and pretty much the same as that of the older OS variants from Microsoft.
Let us look at how you can transfer files in Windows 8 for each category of devices.
From Smartphones or Digital Cameras
- First, you need to connect the respective device to your Windows 8 tablet via the USB cable that came along with your Smartphone or digital camera.
- Next up, you have to open the Photos app on your Tablet PC and select its menu by right clicking on its interface.
- Click on the Import option to import photos or videos from the external media device you have connected, i.e. your smartphone or digital camera.
- Select the files and you are all done here. The photos or videos should be in the Picture Library where you can perform further operations on it.
Via a portable storage such as pen drive
- Connect the pen drive to your Windows 8 Tablet PC and wait for the notification that says “device driver installed successfully”.
- Once the message is shown, you can open the pen drive from your Tablet using Windows Explorer and then copy it into the desired location in your Tablet PC.
- The pictures will be available for viewing in your Picture Library.
If you want to transfer music files from your old computer to your new Windows 8 Tablet, then you need to copy the music files onto a USB flash drive and then copy the same onto your Tablet PC using the Windows Explorer. If you are transferring music files from your Smartphone to your Tablet PC, then you just have to connect both via an USB cable and use Windows Explorer to carry out the transfer operation.
So as you can see, the Windows 8 Transfer procedure for any file is pretty much easy to accomplish and any layman can perform it with relatively no effort.Google+