Windows Easy Transfer helps users to transfer files and settings from one PC running on Windows to another. This software combines all your data into a single file which can then be transferred to your PC running on Windows 8 via LAN connection or a thumb drive. This article will teach you how to perform a Windows 8 transfer process. For this you need to back up your data first!
How to back up your data?
- Launch the Windows Easy Transfer application by navigating to the Windows Start button.
- In the new wizard, click Next to initiate the backup process, where you will receive a prompt to choose the method of file transfer.
- Click This is my old computer when the next page appears on your screen. This process will verify the data that you have requested to save on to a different location. The speed of this process solely depends on the space of your hard disk.
- After the scanning process, the wizard will display all your files that are going to be transferred to Windows 8. Click on the Customize option to select only the files you want to transfer.
- The wizard also allows you to add a password to protect your backup data. Adding password is optional and finally, click Save. This will initiate the backup process and all your files will be combined into a single file with the MIG extension.
How to restore your data?
- Now your PC is ready to transfer all the files that you have backed up onto your Windows 8 PC. For Windows 8 transfer, you
need to utilize Windows Easy Transfer application which is available on the Windows 8 OS. Open the application using the same method as in Windows 7 or press the short key Windows key + C, if you are using Metro screen.
- After the application is launched, click Next button and select the option titled USB flash drive.
- Then connect your thumb drive and select This is my new PC from the new window.
- All your files will be saved in a folder with extension *.MGF. Now you may click on Transfer to download all your data into your Windows 8 PC.
We hope this article has helped you to transfer your files onto your Windows 8 computer. Thank you for visiting and have a good day!Google+