If you have purchased a Windows 8.1 computer, there are chances that you might want to transfer the data on your old computer onto this one. Transferring just files from your old computer to the Windows 8.1 system is much easier than doing a Windows 8 transfer.
Use the following instructions to transfer files to a Windows 8.1 computer before seeking assistance from technical support:
- In the first step, you need to click on the Start button in the Windows 8.1 computer, and then enter transfer to open the Search charm. Once it is opened, you can go ahead and select the Windows Easy Transfer option from the available search results.
- Now, click on the Welcome window, followed by the Next option, to continue.
- Next, you need to go to the Have you already used Windows Easy Transfer to save files from your old PC screen and then click on the Yes option.
- Now, you need to insert the USB flash drive where you have transferred the files from your old computer, into the USB port available in your Windows 8.1 computer.
- Next, go to the Open an Easy Transfer File window, select the USB flash drive option, and then click Open. This process is pretty much similar to the Windows 8 transfer that you might have done earlier to move your files to the Windows 8 system.
- Now, you need to choose the transfer files from the list and then click on the option Open followed by Next. If you get any pop up messages here, you can read them and follow the instructions.
- Now, go to the option Choose what to transfer to this PC screen, choose the option user accounts to transfer, and then click on the option Transfer.
- Now, wait for the transfer to complete and click on the Close option on the Your files have been transferred screen.
- Once the files have been moved, you can remove the USB flash drive from the computer.
- Now, ensure that the firewall software is running in your computer. If you have disabled the firewall software, re-enable the option in your system.
By following these steps, you would be able to successfully transfer data from your old computer to your new Windows 8.1 PC. For more information regarding the features of Windows 8.1, please contact our technical support team.